Ideal for outdoor activities like Orienteering, Hunting, Camping, Map Reading, Fishing, Hiking, Night Fishing, Night Flying, Backpacking etc
If you like the benefits of a direct-read lensatic compass that doesn’t require you to rotate the bezel, but you end up carrying an extra compass for map use, we have just the product for you.
From the great Outdoor Accessory People at Coghlan’s comes this combination map compass.
Orient your way from point A to point B with the Combination Map Compass from Coghlans.
The Combination Map Compass is a unique compass that functions just like a direct-read military style lensatic compass with the flip-up optic, but instead of being built in a solid metal casing the Coghlan’s lensatic compass is built into a clear baseplate.
So now you finally have a lensatic compass more suitable for map use.
And unlike most other lensatic compasses, this compass features adjustable declination .
Flip-up sighting line, circular and triangular cutouts for map marking, and one degree resolution on the 0-360 degree azimuth scale.
This compass features a liquid dampened needle to minimize darting.
See-through base (ideal for placing over maps) folding base, with a rotating housing, and is imprinted with millimeter and inch markings for 1:25000 scale.
A total of 5 Map Scales and scaled magnetic dial and bezel ring!
Featuring a liquid dampened needle with luminous pointer and a see-through base with rotating housing, the Combination Map Compass is lightweight and compact.
Built-in magnifier and includes scales in millimeters and 1:25000 making it ideal for orienteering and general map reading.
All the features of a map and lensatic compass!
Includes a custom case for protection and carrying.
- Liquid Filled Dampened Needle,
- Floating magnetic luminous dial Liquid filled needle casing,
- Luminous marking and hairline guides,
- Scaled magnetic dial & bezel ring,
- See-Through folding Base,
- Rotating Housing,
- Metric and Imperial Scales,
- Inch and millimeter scales for mapping or plotting,
- Total of 5 Scales,
– a) Millimeters (1:1),
– b) Inch and 1/20,
– c) 1:24000,
– d) Scales: 1:25000,
– e) 1:63360,
- 5 different shaped holes for drawing map symbols,
- Built in magnifier,
- Made from Durable Plastic,
- Liquid filled,
- Light weight and portable,
- INCLUDES Custom Case,
Before you can use a compass to navigate you need to be familiar with the main features.
1. Compass housing – also known as the compass wheel, with a mark every two degrees covering 360 degrees, and N-S-E-W (the ‘cardinal points’).
2. Magnetic needle – end for north, & opposing for south.
3. Orienting arrow – fixed and aligned to north within the compass housing
4. Index line – extension of the direction of travel arrow.
5. Direction of travel arrow
## Manufacturers / Coghlan’s Code ## 0088 ##