12 Gauge ShellCracker Ammo – Explosive / Flash / Loud Crack! – Signalling, Scare – Blank Cartridges
The 12ga ShellCracker explodes with a flash and a loud crack, effectively scaring away pest birds and wildlife.
2 Shots in one (Bang, Crack), 12 gauge mortar shell designed cartridge pyrotechnic for Bird, Pest control.
A Super Loud 110 D.B. air blast 100yds Away but no noise or recoil at the gun!!
Use the same way as you would any 12 gauge shotgun shell.
The ShellCracker (also known as ‘Cracker Shells‘), is a standard 12 gauge 2 3/4″ shotgun shell with a timed pyrotechnic report projectile.
The ShellCracker’s report is similar to that of the Bird Banger EXP, but the advantage is its range of over two hundred feet – more than double the range of a Bird Banger.
The projectile is launched from the shotgun and travels approximately 200 feet (60 meters) downrange before finishing with a flash and loud bang.
The Shellcrackers are especially useful when a greater firing distance is desired as they will travel 200 feet or more before exploding – Actual range varies depending on firing angle and wind factor.
Use ShellCrackers as you would any standard 12 gauge shotgun shell.
Do not use with double barrel or semi automatic shotguns.
We recommend a single barrel shotgun with break action.
Use open choke shotgun only.
Shell Crackers must be fired from a clean shotgun without a full choke, and with a chamber at least 2-3/4 inches long, and a barrel at least 20 inches long.
We do not need to see your firearms licence when purchasing these.
- A small charge expels the cracker with a report (bang) and at the same time ignites the cracker fuse.
- The cracker fuse is timed to delay the second pyrotechnic report to a range of approximately 90 metres.
- The cracker is of a solid construction and contains a charge which makes a flash and a loud report in the air.
- The report is harmless but effective on a wide range of birds and animals.
- 110 db maximum sound level at 100 yards / 30 meters
- Price is for pack of 25.
Similar to Bird Bombs®, Shell Crackers (“cracker shells”) explode with a very loud “BANG” that scares pest birds and wildlife.
For use with standard shotguns where lethal ammo may not be appropriate.
Effective on a wide variety of pest species but most commonly used for bird control.
These rounds are considered explosive and as such need to be treated with extra care.
SHELLCRACKER SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
1. The Design of the ShellCracker requires low muzzle velocity.
As a result, the over-powder wad may stick in the barrel of the gun.
After waiting a sufficient amount of time, check the barrel of the gun after each ShellCracker is fired to assure there is no blockage.
2. Ear, Hand, and Eye Protection Devices must be worn while using the ShellCracker.
3. The ShellCracker can cause fire if used improperly, Check for flammable material down range before firing.
4. WARNING: It is dangerous to place a 12-gauge shells in a larger gauge gun.
5. CAUTION: It is dangerous to fire the ShellCracker from a molded plastic flare pistol, or in a gun with a chamber shorter than 2 3/4 inches.
Do not use the ShellCracker in a gun with a barrel shorter than 20 inches.
7. The ShellCracker is designed for bird and animal scaring. NEVER FIRE THE SHELLCRACKER AT OR IN THE DIRECTION OF ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL.
8. ADVISORY: In addition to item #3, we recommend that the gun barrel be at a 45 degree angle or greater while firing the ShellCracker.
9. The ShellCracker must be stored in the original packaging in a cool, dry, and SECURE (under lock and key) location.
KEEP FIRE AWAY.
10. In addition to the above safety precautions, standard gun safety and handling procedures should be followed.
These shells should only be used by persons experienced in gun safety and handling.
Pyrotechnics are banger or screamer cartridges fired from a hand held launcher pistol.
Our cartridges are imported from a specialist manufacturer in Germany, for reliable and consistent quality.
Pyrotechnics are an effective way to add to any bird control program in vineyards.
Why Pyrotechnics are great for bird control:
- Bangers and screamers threaten, confuse and disorient all bird species, creating an environment
they quickly learn to avoid.
- Pyrotechnics are portable and can be used anywhere to quickly move on large flocks of birds attacking a vineyard / orchard etc.
- Use of both banger and screamer cartridges, confuses birds and prevents them from becoming used to the sounds.
- Change and randomization are both important factors in deterring birds. This is easily achieved with pyrotechnics.
- An easy way to add to any bird control programme, pyrotechnics can be used along with other methods of bird control.
- Safer and more effective than shooting.
- A gun licence is not required, and pyrotechnics can be used by any one over the age of 18 years.
Product Only Available By Order With A Delivery Delay Of About 7 Days (Product Not Stocked In Store)
## Manufacturers Sutton Ag Code ## ESC1 ##
Distributor Warranties Apply on All ‘New’ Product, Unless Stated Otherwise.